TORONTO, ON — MPP Mike Schreiner sent the following letter to Premier Ford following the release of COVID-19 modelling data for Ontario.
In line with public health advice given today about bearing down on COVID-19, Schreiner made the following recommendations:
- Invest COVID-19 contingency funding to bring hundreds of ICU beds online;
- Separate COVID patients and staff within hospitals and long-term care homes, including the establishment of separate facilities for COVID-19 patients;
- Speed up the deployment of staff to hospitals and long-term care homes;
- Prioritize COVID-19 testing for long-term care residents, health care staff, the elderly and the most vulnerable;
- Continue prioritizing the procurement and allocation of PPE to our frontline workers;
- Mandate a reduction in retail hours for essential businesses to give staff more time to clean and sanitize; and
- Mandate physical distancing guidelines for essential services and businesses.