Work at the Green Party of Ontario
Organization: Green Party of Ontario
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Office located in Liberty Village)
Application deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Start Date: As soon as possible
Type: Contract, $30/hour, 10-15 hours/week
Job Ad: You are an organized person with an eye for detail and experience in accounting or bookkeeping. Fantastic!
There are a lot of opportunities out there, but not many of them involve directly working on making Ontario a better place.
The Green Party of Ontario (GPO) is currently hiring a Bookkeeper to manage our accounts payable and payroll, keep organized records, reconcile the books each month, help prepare our annual and campaign returns for audit, as well as provide assistance on other financial tasks as required
We are looking for a professional to join our small, dynamic team with enough experience to get started right away.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accounts payable
- Manage payroll
- Pay expenses
- Manage QuickBooks and bank accounts
- Ensure donations and expenses are recorded properly
- Maintain records and ensure bank records are recorded properly in Quickbooks
- Assist with reporting
- Assist with GPO annual return (due May 31 of each year)
- Assist with GPO campaign returns (applicable for by-elections and general elections)
- Manage local association donation transfers
- Main a record of local GPO association bank accounts
- Pull monthly information about donations to local associations
- Transfer donations as needed
- Demonstrated experience with keeping accounts for a business or organization
- Ability to attend to details and stay focused in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced with Quickbooks
- Interest in the Green Party and politics in Ontario
Thank you for your interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person visits please. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Bookkeeper” or by using the form below. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible and will close as soon as a suitable applicant is found.