Work at the Green Party of Ontario
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Office located in Liberty Village; Currently, remote)
Application deadline: As soon as possible
Start Date: As soon as possible
Type: Part-time, hourly, with the possibility of full-time
Job Ad: Are you an experienced web developer, with experience managing multiple systems? Fantastic!
There are a lot of opportunities out there, but not many of them involve directly working on making Ontario a better place.
The Green Party of Ontario (GPO) uses a custom built voter contact system, and is currently hiring a developer to help expand its capabilities. By joining our small, dynamic team you will be directly involved in helping us expand our capacity through to the next general Provincial Election.
We are looking for a professional with enough experience to be responsible for results-based management of our GVote needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of GVote
- Automation of new and existing processes
- Adding new features
- Managing CRM related code
- Demonstrated technical problem solving proficiency
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced with/in:
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML and CSS
- CRMs and CMS (Drupal / WordPress)
- Custom Drupal/Wordpress code / modules an asset
- 3+ years in a technology related field
- Interest in the Green Party and politics in Ontario
- Written and verbal proficiency in French
Thank you for your interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person visits please. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GVote Developer”. Rolling interviews will be conducted. Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as a successful candidate may be chosen prior to the official closure of the application process.