Basic Income Guarantee
People need money to keep food on the table. The best solution is direct payments for everyone, without any bureaucracy.
Our Basic Income plan made sense before the pandemic. It makes even more sense now.
- $1800 per adult,
- $2500 per household
Pull Together. Stay Apart.
The best thing you can do to protect yourself and others is to stay home.
Follow these other tips:
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Contact your physician or public health unit if you have symptoms
Provincial help for individuals
Supports made available by the province include:
- $200 payment per child under 12
- Double the income payment for low-income seniors
- Off-peak electricity pricing for 45 days
- Childcare for essential workers
- Up to $200 for Ontario Works and ODSP recipients
Federal help for individuals
Supports made available by Ottawa include:
- $2000 per month for those with lost earnings, until August
- Extra $300 per child for the Canada Child Benefit
- One-time payment up to $600 for people with disabilities and seniors
- Special GST credit payment
- 6-month grace period on student loan payments
- Up to 6-month mortgage deferrals