Ontarians with disabilities and medical conditions should be prioritized for boosters
December 2, 2021
QUEEN’S PARK — Mike Schreiner made the following statement in response to Dr. Moore’s announcement:
“Today’s announcement is encouraging for the many Ontarians who have been waiting for clarity on when they can get a booster.
Ontario Greens have called for expanded boosters. If we have the supply, let’s use it.
But once again, Ontarians with disabilities and medical conditions are left behind.
These groups are higher risk and should be prioritized for boosters immediately.
Cases are trending upwards and the omicron variant is here.
In addition to expanding booster shots, the government needs to:
- Invest in airborne measures, including providing N95 masks for workers in high-risk settings and vastly improving ventilation and air quality in all congregate settings
- Immediately implement 10 paid sick days
- Make vaccinations mandatory for education and health care workers
- Increase testing and tracing capacity, to make it more robust and accessible
- Address the nursing shortage crisis by immediately repealing Bill 124 and improving working conditions for nurses”