Location: Queen’s Park
Salary: $55,000 – 60,000 per annum
Deadline to apply: Jan. 8, 2024 at 5pm EDT
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented, self-starter to help MPP Aislinn Clancy carry out her legislative responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about being part of a small team in a fast paced environment working together to represent constituents in Kitchener Centre.
- Support Member in all capacities
- Responsible for operations and administration of Queen’s Park office
- Manage Member’s daily schedule
- Attend events and meetings with Member and as needed in lieu of Member
- Manage and respond to correspondence received in Queen’s Park office (mail and email)
- Manage the Member’s Office Budget; financial expenditures and administers expense claims
- Support the member in preparing debate remarks, questions, member’s statements and other speeches
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, Queen’s Park Clerk Office, Committee members, constituents, interest groups, other Members and their staff members
- Keep Member and other staff up to date on daily activities events and activities and decisions related to Parliamentary matters and events
Communications – Media
- Schedule media appearances
- Coordinate MPP press conferences, and draft releases and statements involving Member
- Manage social media accounts while the Member is at Queen’s Park
- Help monitor media and assist with other MPP communications work as needed
- Other duties as required
- Relevant post-secondary degree, or equivalent training, education & experience
- Political office or other administrative experience
- Ability to be flexible and accommodate long working hours during legislative sessions, including evenings.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment where tasks change on short notice
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment
- French or other languages
- Proficiency in government relations and Ontario legislative procedure
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8, 2024 at 5pm EDT.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.