A real plan for real action
Climate change is a global crisis that is far-reaching and impacts every aspect of our lives in Ontario, from increasing floods, to severe storms, or record heat waves.
Our climate plan provides an honest and practical roadmap to achieving net-zero. It’s a guide to an Ontario with clean energy, comfortable places to live, ways to get around, new businesses, careers and better jobs.
We’ll do this with 3 main priorities:
- Crush Climate Pollution
- Restore Water and Nature
- Succeed Together
Our collective future relies on stopping the climate crisis as quickly as possible. Let's work together to make that happen.
Take the Pledge for Climate Action
It's time to show our leaders that we want stronger climate action right now.
By taking this pledge, you're joining a local climate movement to call on our premier to:
- Stop investing in fossil fuel projects
- Phase out gas plants
- Stamp out sprawl
We know that climate change is driven by the output of greenhouse gases. We need to crush climate pollution in its tracks.
We can reduce our emissions by:
- Adopting a net zero 2045 strategy.
- Investing in public transportation and electric mobility.
- Retrofitting homes, reducing sprawl and smarter developments.
- Generating electricity from clean, renewable sources.
Ontario’s wetlands, forests and watersheds are some of our best natural solutions to address the climate crisis.
Our plan to restore nature include:
- Permanently protecting wetlands, forests and prime farmland.
- Working with Indigenous communities to conserve land and water.
- Cleaning up air and water in the worst polluted areas.
- Bringing back nature in cities, like green roofs and school yards.
Transitioning to a healthy, affordable, and resilient economy is possible. And our plan ensures that no one gets left behind.
We can do this by:
- Helping the most vulnerable with the cost of energy and water.
- Use a $2 billion per-year Climate Adaptation Fund to help municipalities with retrofitting costs.
- Investing in and training a strong green workforce.
- Supporting emerging low carbon industries and current industries to help them transition.
Roadmap to Net Zero 2045
Climate change impacts all areas of our lives. Here are the details of our climate plan, through the lens of ten key areas: