A real plan for real action
Climate change is a global crisis that is far-reaching and impacts every aspect of our lives in Ontario, from increasing floods, to severe storms, or record heat waves.
Our climate plan provides an honest and practical roadmap to achieving net-zero. It’s a guide to an Ontario with clean energy, comfortable places to live, ways to get around, new businesses, careers and better jobs.
We’ll do this with 3 main priorities:
- Crush Climate Pollution
- Restore Water and Nature
- Succeed Together
Our collective future relies on stopping the climate crisis as quickly as possible. Let's work together to make that happen.
We know that climate change is driven by the output of greenhouse gases. We need to crush climate pollution in its tracks.
We can reduce our emissions by:
- Adopting a net zero 2045 strategy.
- Investing in public transportation and electric mobility.
- Retrofitting homes, reducing sprawl and smarter developments.
- Generating electricity from clean, renewable sources.
Ontario’s wetlands, forests and watersheds are some of our best natural solutions to address the climate crisis.
Our plan to restore nature include:
- Permanently protecting wetlands, forests and prime farmland.
- Working with Indigenous communities to conserve land and water.
- Cleaning up air and water in the worst polluted areas.
- Bringing back nature in cities, like green roofs and school yards.
Transitioning to a healthy, affordable, and resilient economy is possible. And our plan ensures that no one gets left behind.
We can do this by:
- Helping the most vulnerable with the cost of energy and water.
- Use a $2 billion per-year Climate Adaptation Fund to help municipalities with retrofitting costs.
- Investing in and training a strong green workforce.
- Supporting emerging low carbon industries and current industries to help them transition.
Roadmap to Net Zero 2045
Climate change impacts all areas of our lives. Here are the details of our climate plan, through the lens of ten key areas:
The Climate Crisis At a Glance
Take the Pledge for Climate Action
It's time to show our leaders that we want stronger climate action right now.
By taking this pledge, you're joining a local climate movement to call on our premier to:
- Stop investing in fossil fuel projects
- Phase out gas plants
- Stamp out sprawl
Dear Premier Ford,
The climate crisis is here.
Ontarians need bold, urgent government action to tackle the climate emergency. We need to take the pledge to reduce Ontario’s greenhouse gas emissions to net-zero by 2045.
Ontario Greens have put forward a comprehensive plan to build a safer, healthier province, while cutting fossil fuel use to meet these goals.
Premier Ford, I’m writing to you today to ask you to join with them, take the pledge, reduce Ontario’s emissions, and make a cleaner, brighter future for everyone.
Every day we delay in getting the province off fossil fuels is dangerous for the next generation. They no longer have a choice. They know there must be action and it must be now if they are to have a long, healthy life. But you’re in charge; you’re calling the shots. The good news is that you can make better choices to help the future too.
We need real action now.
As part of a plan to reduce carbon emissions and make Ontario net-zero I’m asking you to:
Stop investing in new fossil fuel projects
Phase out gas plants
Stamp out sprawl
Ontario Greens have a plan to create new, greener jobs, affordable housing, and reduce carbon emissions so we can all have the future we want.
Will you commit to working with the Ontario Greens to adopt their climate action framework and put Ontario on the road to net-zero by 2045?