For more information, please contact
Share on socials
Ontario Greens are the only party with a real plan for real climate action
May 3, 2022
TORONTO — Ontario Greens are the only party with a real plan for real climate action.
“This Liberal climate plan is watered down, short on details, non-costed, and doesn’t take the necessary steps to tackle the climate emergency that we are facing,” Ontario Greens Leader Mike Schreiner said.
“Half measures won’t cut it. We need a real plan for real action to crush climate pollution and make Ontario a giant in the new climate economy. And we need to be honest with people on how we’re going to pay for it.”
When it comes to Liberals on climate and the environment, a quick look at their record shows that actions speak louder than words:
- Gutted the Endangered Species Act to make it easier for the forestry, aggregates, mining and energy sectors to run roughshod over Ontario’s sensitive wildlife habitats
- Failed to vote against the Line 5 pipeline which severely threatens the Great Lakes
- Voted in support of Doug Ford’s licence plate sticker election gimmick and failed to vote against the gas tax cut, both which will increase fossil fuel consumption and worsen the climate emergency
- Refuse to oppose the Holland Marsh Highway (Bradford Bypass)
- Sold off Hydro One, which weakened the province’s ability to push for energy conservation measures
Instead of half measures, Ontario Greens will:
- Crush climate pollution by implementing a carbon budget and get us to net-zero by 2045
- Double the size of the Greenbelt to include a Bluebelt of protected waterways and work with Indigenous communities to protect 25% of Ontario by 2025 and 30% by 2030
- Create hundreds of thousands of new jobs and save people energy and and money with by launching transformative green retrofit program
- Train a diverse green workforce by funding a years’ tuition for 60,000 students, and ensuring they have work when they graduate.
- Triple public transit use by 2030, by making it clean, fast, convenient, reliable, affordable,
- Make EVs more affordable by offering rebates of $10K for a new electric car, $1K for a used electric car and $1K for an e-bike