Sixteen months ago, the citizens of Saanich-Gulf Islands choose Elizabeth May as our first elected Green Member of Parliament. Since then, Canada’s hardest working MP has displayed a determination which rises far above what many thought a single MP could do, building a team that resembles a “small OLO” (Office of the Leader of the Opposition) in the process.
During her first year in Parliament, Elizabeth has:
- Spoken in the House of Commons over 500 times;
- Tabled three Private Members Bills;
- Seconded or co-seconded 40 additional Private Members Bills and Motions;
- Tabled 140 petitions;
- Submitted over 300 substantive amendments to Bill C-38 alone;
- Voted in 441 out of 455 recorded votes; and
- Done all of that, and yet claimed less than 2/3 of the allowable limit for personal expenses.
Elizabeth, in her efforts to truly represent her constituents, the membership of the federal party and Canadians, has made us proud!
With Parliament back in session, stay connected with Elizabeth by joining her MP eNewsletter. Simply enter your email address at www.elizabethmaymp.ca, or reply to this email with the word “Subscribe”.
Elizabeth and her team look forward to keeping you up to date!
Deputy Executive Director
Green Party of Ontario