Location: Kitchener, ON
Salary: $45,000 – 50,000 per annum
Deadline to apply: Jan. 8, 2024 at 5pm EDT
We are looking for a highly organized person to help MPP Aislinn Clancy carry out duties in her community. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about being part of a small team working together to represent constituents in Kitchener Centre.
- Manage the MPP’s schedule in Kitchener, identifying events and setting up meetings
- Staff the MPP at local meetings and events
- Ensure follow up contact resulting from MPP meetings
- Manage MPP communications while in the riding including posting on social media and website
- Ensure photography and video of MPP where needed
- Coordinate advance planning and staging of MPP events
- Relevant education & experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of equity and diversity frameworks and considerations as it applies to the duties of the position.
- Experience in a position working directly with members of the public
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and accommodate long working hours on occasion, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment
- French or other languages
- Constituency Office or other administrative experience
- Proficiency in government relations
- Strong connection to local community
- Valid G driver’s license
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8, 2024 at 5pm EDT.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.