Location: Kitchener, ON
Salary: $55,000 – 60,000 per annum
Deadline to apply: Jan. 8, 2024 at 5pm EDT
We are looking for a highly organized person to assist MPP Aislinn Clancy with casework and outreach support in her community. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about working in a small team to provide assistance to constituents in Kitchener Centre.
- Work alongside other office staff to create a welcoming space to assist constituents and engage the community
- Assist constituents with navigating provincial programs, issues and services
- Attend meetings and events with the MPP and local stakeholders to develop good working relationships
- Assist in monitoring local media coverage to keep Member/team informed of local developments/issues
- Contribute to coordinating special projects/events: Town Halls, Roundtables and other important local events that involve public officials and key stakeholders.
Constituency Advocacy and Administration:
- Assist with general office upkeep and reception
- Greet and assist constituents with in-person queries
- Assist with answering phones and checking voicemails
- Assist with managing schedules of constituency meetings and events for MPP
- Assists member with requests as needed
Communications and Research:
- Draft correspondence (both email and mail) regarding local issues and constituency concerns
- Perform research as needed for the Member and for the purpose of resolving constituency concerns/issues
- Relevant post-secondary degree, or equivalent training, education & experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of equity and diversity frameworks and considerations as it applies to the duties of the position.
- Experience in a position working directly with members of the public
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience working with and advocating alongside equity deserving individuals and communities
- French or other languages
- Constituency Office or other administrative experience
- Strong connection to local community
- Proficiency in government relations
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8, 2024 at 5pm EDT.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.