Are you an experienced web designer, who knows how to combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience? Fantastic!
There are a lot of opportunities out there, but not many of them involve directly working on making Ontario a better place.
The Green Party of Ontario (GPO) is currently looking for a talented UI/UX or Web Designer to create intuitive, user-friendly and accessible websites and landing pages. By joining our small, dynamic team you will be directly involved in planning, designing, and implementing our website through to the next general Provincial Election.
We are looking for a professional with enough experience to be responsible for results-based management of our website needs.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes
- Create websites and landing pages
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, usability)
- Adhere and promote branding guidelines, best practices and standards
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Demonstrable graphic design skills
- Knowledge of design software (Adobe, Canva, InVision, Sketch, etc.)
- Understanding of best practices and accessibility standards
- Experience with print materials (brochures, postcards, etc.)
- Ability to create stunning graphics and illustrations
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS
- Interest in the Green Party and politics in Ontario
- Written and verbal proficiency in French
Send your resume & cover letter as one file to email@example.com no later than January 28, 2022 at 5pm ET, with the subject line: Application for the UI/UX Designer (2022) position. Please no phone calls or visits.
We may fill the position sooner than January 28 if the right candidate applies, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
Please note: All Green Party of Ontario employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. The GPO may exempt staff who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical or disability-related reasons. To qualify for such an exemption, a staff member must provide must provide a written document, supplied by a physician (MD) or by a registered nurse extended class [RN(EC)] or nurse practitioner (NP) stating they are exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated and how long this would apply