As a Political Organizer, you will be a member of a small, dedicated Green Party team working towards the next provincial election, expected in June 2022.
Your primary role will be to support local Constituency Associations (CAs) and to recruit and support candidates for the next provincial election. Travel within Ontario is required. Hours of work are generally business hours but will include some evenings & weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit candidates to run for the Green Party of Ontario in the 2022 general election
- Support Constituency Associations (CAs) with building local capacity, candidate recruitment and the candidate nomination process
- Provide general support and direction for CAs and candidates in a timely manner
- Ensure candidates & CAs are registered with Elections Ontario and have met all paperwork and report filing deadlines and regulations.
- Maintain current contact information in the party’s database (CiviCRM) and on the GPO website
- Track data regarding candidate searches, CAs and campaigns
- Work with existing CAs to ensure compliance with all Elections Ontario requirements & GPO constitutional guidelines
- Provide support at nomination meetings and campaign events
- Join weekly staff check-ins
- Other duties & assignments as required
- Demonstrated ability to organize and mobilize volunteers
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enjoy working with other people, is patient and have a positive, courteous attitude
- Passion & commitment to social and environmental change in Ontario
- Driven to get the job done
- Can work effectively without daily supervision
- Team player with the ability to establish effective professional relationships
- Ability to communicate persuasively, and write in a clear & concise manner
- Proficient in working with various online technologies such as google docs, Slack, CRM database, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at one time under pressure
- Flexibility -- we are a small organization and staff members take on various roles outside of our typical job descriptions - we operate as “all hands on deck”
- Adaptable to a changing schedule, and ability to think on your feet
- General understanding of the political system in Ontario, or a willingness to learn
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and call your team of volunteers!
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive within Ontario is an asset
How to apply?
Send your resume & cover letter as one file to email@example.com no later than September 30, 2021 at 5pm ET. Please no phone calls or visits.
Rolling interviews will be conducted. Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as a successful candidate may be chosen prior to the official closure of the application process.
Please note: All Green Party of Ontario employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19. The Executive Director shall collect proof of vaccination for staff and staff shall provide proof by no later than November 30th. The Executive Director or designate may exempt staff who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical or disability-related reasons.
The Green Party of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer.
We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply.
Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.