Location: Remote / Toronto
Type: Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hybrid work environment:
Work remotely & work from Toronto office, minimum of 2 days per week (open to negotiation if successful applicant lives outside of Toronto)
The Green Party of Ontario is a small and growing team of people who are aiming to make an outsized, positive impact on Ontario politics.
We’re looking for an experienced campaigner to join our Mobilizing team, to help execute and grow our grassroots organizing model across the province. This is a unique opportunity to work with an ambitious team, coach and sustain local volunteer leadership, and build a powerful movement in Ontario.
Come work with us as we prepare for the 2026 election!
As a Mobilizer you will…
Build and grow political power of local volunteer associations
- Understand the capacity and needs for key ridings and provide adequate support
- Develop, maintain and deliver training materials, templates and resources, including workshops and webinars, to volunteers on topics that relate to political organizing, including volunteer management, canvassing, data management, and recruitment strategies
- Mobilize CAs and volunteers for party initiatives and action campaigns
- Identify strategic opportunities for engagement including youth, equity-seeking groups and other sectors
Prepare for opportunities to grow the party
- Build local election readiness and capacity at the riding level, by supporting leadership and expertise
- Maintain knowledge of CA activities and facilitate organization of meetings, with the goal of engaging members and supporters in advance election readiness
Provide ongoing support to local volunteer associations
- Establish and support Constituency Associations, including setting up founding meetings or AGMs in ridings requiring renewal and follow up to ensure yearly AGMs are being held
- Ensure Constituency Associations and candidates understand and comply with GPO and Elections Ontario rules and provide campaign teams with important party information
Bring your whole self to the Mobilizing Team
- Co-create and achieve metrics as set out in the annual work plan
- Prepare for and attend internal meetings
- Stay in regular contact with the Director of Mobilizing and peer Mobilizers
- Use GPO software and tools as required, including project management tools, Google suite, and central database to maintain and update systems and documents
- Complete other duties as assigned – there is never a dull moment in mobilizing!
- Relevant post-secondary degree, or equivalent training, education & experience.
- Experience with community organizing.
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and volunteer management
- Leadership experience; experience with teaching / training / coaching others
- Experience on a political campaign
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enjoy working with other people, are patient and have a positive, courteous attitude
- Passion & commitment to social and environmental change in Ontario
- Proficient in working with various online technologies such as google docs, Slack, CRM database, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at one time under pressure
- Flexibility — we are a small organization and staff members take on various roles outside of our typical job descriptions – we operate as “all hands on deck”
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive within Ontario is an asset (travel will be required on occasion to join in-person meetings, participate on campaigns, etc)
- French language is an asset
Send your resumé and cover letter as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 30, 2023 at 5pm ET, with the subject line: Application for the Mobilizer position. Please no phone calls or visits.
We may fill the position sooner than January 30 if the right candidate applies, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
Please note: All Green Party of Ontario employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. The GPO may exempt staff who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical or disability-related reasons. To qualify for such an exemption, a staff member must provide must provide a written document, supplied by a physician (MD) or by a registered nurse extended class [RN(EC)] or nurse practitioner (NP) stating they are exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated and how long this would apply.