Location: Remote, Ontario
Type: Permanent, Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefits after three months
Work is what you do, not where you go.
For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in Ontario
Reporting to the Director of Development, you are responsible for writing fundraising communications. As our ideal candidate, you are passionate about writing and enjoy reaching out to specific audiences on topics that will resonate with them.
You are a self-starter who isn’t afraid to offer creative and innovative solutions to expand our pool of donors and supporters while ensuring the highest level of fundraising ethics is adhered to.
You don’t mind working extra hours on occasion as required, such as during an election or at the end of the year. Working as part of a team or on your own is equally rewarding.
- Create strong fundraising copywriting (primarily letters and emails)
- Leverage an extensive repository of content to target specific audiences based on what they are passionate about
- Use our CRM to research clusters of current and potential donors
- Document internal fundraising processes
- Work with other departments on major political campaigns
- Assist with medium to long-term planning
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to retain and attract donors
- Other duties as required.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in fundraising
- 1+ years experience in a fundraising role
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with Google docs
- Basic knowledge of email marketing software
- Knowledge of Elections Ontario fundraising rules and regulations
- Proven knowledge of fundraising ethics and best practices
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to capture their attention
- Strong understanding of fundraising strategy and how to deploy these concepts through various mediums
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically with strong political acuity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with political election campaigns an asset
- A keen interest in politics coupled with passion and commitment to social and environmental change in Ontario
Proficiency with software and digital tools
- Google Analytics (required)
- Photo editing software, e.g Canva and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Desktop publishing, e.g. Microsoft Publisher
- Content management systems, e.g. WordPress, CiviCRM
- Bulk email marketing software
Send your resume and cover letter as one file to email@example.com no later than February 3, 2023 at 5pm ET. Please no phone calls or visits.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
Please note: All Green Party of Ontario employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. The GPO may exempt staff who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical or disability-related reasons. To qualify for such an exemption, a staff member must provide must provide a written document, supplied by a physician (MD) or by a registered nurse extended class [RN(EC)] or nurse practitioner (NP) stating they are exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated and how long this would apply.