The Green Party of Ontario (GPO) is currently hiring a Front End Web Developer to manage our website (gpo.ca) and support database work. By joining our small, dynamic team you will be directly involved in planning, implementing and maintaining our website through to the next General Provincial Election.
We are looking for a professional with enough experience to be responsible for results-based management of our website needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for development, maintenance & administration of Party web assets.
- write and customize themes, plugins, modules (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- assist in the management of technical support issues
- satisfy various requests for data from Party entities
Web design & Content Management
- contribute to web planning/strategy
- implementation of content using responsive design and SEO best-practices
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving proficiency
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced with/in:
- - working with CRMs and CMS (Drupal / WordPress)
- - writing custom code
- - GIT
- 3+ years in a technology-related field
- 2+ years in a management-related position
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, MariaDB
- Interest in the Green Party and politics in Ontario
- Written and verbal proficiency in French
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Front End Web Developer.”
Applications should be submitted no later than 5pm ET on Friday February 19, 2021.
Thank you for your interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer.
We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply.
Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.