Are you an organized person with an eye for detail and experience in accounting or bookkeeping. Fantastic!
There are lots of other opportunities out there, but not many of them involve directly working on making Ontario a better place.
The Green Party of Ontario (GPO) is currently hiring a full time Finance Assistant to support our Finance Manager. The Finance Assistant will maintain organized records, complete reconciliations, help prepare our annual and campaign returns for audit, support transfers during the campaign, as well as provide assistance on other financial tasks as required.
We are looking for a professional to join our small, dynamic team with enough experience to get started right away.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Code and verify accuracy of posts in Quickbooks
- Ensure donations and expenses are recorded properly
- Maintain detailed records to ensure transactions are recorded with proper backup documentation
- Ensure bank reconciliations are kept up to date
- Perform reconciliations of credit card receipts
- Assist with weekly and month-end reporting
- Assist with filing annual and campaign returns
- Support making local association donation transfers
- Perform other tasks as required
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience with full-cycle accounting for a business or organization
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in accounting/finance or related field
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Excel, including Vlookup and Pivot Tables
- Previous working experience in Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Highly detailed-oriented and demonstrated ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with Service Ontario and government business requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office or similar office systems
- Interest in the Green Party and politics in Ontario
- French (verbal and written)
Thank you for your interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person visits please. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm ET January 31, 2022.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
Please note: All Green Party of Ontario employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. The GPO may exempt staff who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical or disability-related reasons. To qualify for such an exemption, a staff member must provide must provide a written document, supplied by a physician (MD) or by a registered nurse extended class [RN(EC)] or nurse practitioner (NP) stating they are exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated and how long this would apply