Come work with us as we prepare for the 2022 election! We are a small and growing team of people who are aiming to make an outsized, positive impact on Ontario politics.
We’re looking for an experienced manager to join our Organizing team. This fast paced role requires someone who loves people, systems and the ground game.
As the Director of Organizing you would be responsible for managing the team’s efforts to help ridings, Candidates and volunteers prep for the election. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining accurate systems to track progress and store information.
Other tasks include, but are not limited to, running training programs for staff and volunteers, supporting provincial campaign efforts, and other duties as required.
- Working with the Campaign Chair, execute prioritized plans to meet mobilizing objectives of the GPO
- Manage the Organizing team
- Create a strong, dynamic team environment
- Manage the team to meet established objectives
- Ensure compliance with GPO Human Resources and Safe Spaces policies
- Promote organizational development
- Encourage a culture of active-on-the-ground volunteers who are supported by central resources
- Manage systems to track progress, and store data in up to date, readily available formats
- Liaise with other staff teams
- Provide ongoing support for CAs and campaigns and oversee the GPO training program
- Provide regular communications about ongoing and potential central party and CA activities
- Implement a training calendar to assist with campaign activities such as nominating a candidate, Elections Ontario requirements and running campaigns
Other duties as required
- 2 years + in a management role
- Relevant post-secondary degree, or equivalent training, education & experience
- Experience in political campaigning
- Experience in community organizing or volunteer recruitment and training
- Ability to connect with and engage diverse volunteer groups
- Demonstrated experience implementing processes and accurately managing data
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated competence with technology such as G Suite, Excel and databases
- French or other languages
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Knowledge of Elections Ontario rules and procedures
How to apply?
Send your resume & cover letter as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer.
We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply.
Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.