As the Digital Communications Coordinator, your primary role will be to work with the Communications team to continue to increase the GPO presence in the digital world.
Reporting to the Director of Communications you will be part of a dynamic team developing strategic communications for the GPO.
Travel within Ontario may be needed from time to time. Hours of work may include evenings & weekends; flexibility is required.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the GPO profile on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Creating digital media in the form of daily posts and regular engagement with followers
- Creation of all graphics, video clips, motion graphics and managing GPO website
- Tracking social media analytics and reporting
- Transforming press releases and news clips into compelling content for the public
- Supporting online campaigns and email outreach to engage new audiences
- Exploring new digital channels through which the GPO can share its message
- Providing technical support on design, photography, web and video editing, streaming Facebook, Instagram Live events
- Assisting occasionally with events, fundraisers and meetings
- Copywriting for social media posts, emails and other writing needs may be required
- Other duties as required
- 1+ years experience in a communications or marketing role with social media management experience
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically with strong political acuity
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills with strong command of copy editing and proofreading
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and Google docs and capable of creating visually compelling presentations
- Knowledge of email marketing software, Creative Suite, Canva and social media platform software programs
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
- Bachelor's degree or College Diploma in marketing, journalism, public relations, politics, graphic design, or related field
- Knowledge of Google Analytics preferred
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Sprout Social and Hootsuite
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention with experience in developing social media advertisements
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach
How to apply?
Send your resume & cover letter as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 13, 2020 at 5pm ET.
Please no phone calls or visits.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer.
We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply.
Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.