Join our exciting, passionate team of staff looking to grow the number of Green MPPs in Ontario and make our province a better place. This position is for a friendly, out-going, hard working, detail-oriented person who can handle multiple tasks in a high pressure environment and can learn quickly! You’ll be working alongside other Provincial Office staff in our Toronto Office, located in Liberty Village. Hours of work will vary and will include evenings & weekends, as well as long hours during a campaign.
As the Green Party of Ontario (GPO) Call Centre Officer, you will be responsible for responding to incoming correspondence and making outgoing phone calls to voters.
- Love of detail, organization, structure and people
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication
- Customer service experience including incoming phone calls, correspondence and outgoing calling
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- 1-2 years of experience in an office environment, political campaign or call centre an asset
- Proficient in working with various online technologies such as MS Office, Google docs, Slack, CRM database, wordpress, etc.
- Experience with tasks requiring attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Hard working, willing to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at one time under pressure
- General understanding of the political system in Ontario, or a willingness to learn
- Flexibility -- we are a small organization and staff members take on various roles outside of our typical job descriptions
Thank you for your interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person visits please. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as one file to email@example.com by 5pm ET March 7, 2022.
We may fill the position sooner than March 7 if the right candidate applies, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
The GPO is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and encourage all to apply. Accommodation will be provided during the hiring process and in the position as needed.
Please note: All Green Party of Ontario employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. The GPO may exempt staff who are unable to receive the vaccine due to medical or disability-related reasons. To qualify for such an exemption, a staff member must provide must provide a written document, supplied by a physician (MD) or by a registered nurse extended class [RN(EC)] or nurse practitioner (NP) stating they are exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated and how long this would apply