Work for the GPO
Position Title: Campaign Coordinator
Start Date: as soon as possible
Type: Full-time, salary (10 month term)
There are a lot of opportunities out there, but not many of them involve directly working on making Ontario a better place.
The Green Party of Ontario (GPO) is currently hiring a campaign coordinator to help handle the logistics of our Guelph campaign. By joining our small, dynamic team you will be directly involved in implementing our local efforts in Guelph through the 2018 general provincial election.
We are looking for a person with a strong interest in making the world a better place. You’ll need a good dose of energy along with enough drive and experience to be able to start organizing on day one, but you don’t necessarily need years of experience.
The Campaign Coordinator will report directly to the Guelph campaign manager and is responsible for campaign logistics and field operations. Duties include:
- Managing the office
- Coordinating volunteers
- Organizing canvassing kits and volunteers
- Organize and record data in our database
- Overseeing sign delivery and tracking
- Coordinating events
Skills and abilities:
- Personable, engaging and able to organize volunteers
- Connect with interested volunteers and incorporate into suitable team roles
- Ensure that each campaign task is appropriately staffed by volunteers
- Create and manage a volunteer schedule for staffing the office
- Make sure people have a great experience: are well fed, have fun and are thanked for their efforts
- Self-starter and able to juggle many projects
- Be able to coordinate events, canvassing and office management
- Ability to be creative and efficiently use resources
- Political campaign experience an asset
- Alignment with GPO principles and values
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Guelph, Ontario
Thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.