Do you want to make a positive impact in your community and province? The Green Party of Ontario is currently looking for hard-working, self-motivated, positive individuals to join our team for a variety of unpaid positions.
Tell us about yourself! Fill out our online volunteer form
You can get involved with your local riding or campaign, at the Toronto office or with provincial activities. Some examples of positions we are looking to fill are below - please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-977-7476 for more information.
***Note this is not a comprehensive list, feel free to connect with us anytime for other opportunities)
CA Official (Your local riding, 4-5 hours per month, 1 year commitment)
Volunteering with your local CA is a great way to meet other like-minded folks in your riding, and promote the Green Party of Ontario (GPO) locally.
As a CA executive, you can expect to spend a few hours each month volunteering. This would include attending a monthly executive meeting, creating an annual plan and then implementing your plans. On the plus side, to a large extent, specific events and activities are up to the local executive. This means that the schedule is flexible, and you can make sure events and other ideas you may want to carry out are scheduled for months when you have more time.
Queen’s Park & Video blog Assistant (Toronto, 4-5 hours per week, 1 year commitment)
• Accompanying the GPO leader to Queen's Park for question period (once a week)
• Filming the leader’s 1-2 minute video blog
• Uploading the video & sending to editor
• Uploading edited video to YouTube
• Video camera and tripod, (plus training) will be provided.
• Ends June 5, 2013 but can continue next fall if interested
Correspondence (From home, 2 hours per week)
• Respond to voter inquiries and questionnaires
• Experience with writing is essential
• Familiarity with GPO policies and willingness to learn
• Professional with ability to take constructive feedback
Social Media Guru (From home, 5 hours per week, 1 year commitment)
• Flexible and creative position
• Social media experience preferred
• Post fun, engaging posts to followers on Facebook and Twitter
• Create Twitter & Facebook cheat sheets for un-savvy (unlike you) candidates and members
Political Volunteer (At Toronto office, Flexible hours, 3-4 month commitment)
- Flexible volunteer position based on volunteer's interests
- Some examples of work volunteers have helped with in the past:
- Performing research and writing as required by the Leader, Shadow Cabinet or Executive Director
- Occasionally accompanying the Leader to events and/or meetings
- Calling members/contacts for fundraising and volunteer recruitment purposes
- General administrative duties, such as data entry, answering the phone, and responding to emails
- Assisting with mailings to members (snail mail and email)