2017 Fall Fundraiser Equity Policy
This Equity & Complaints Policy for the 2017 8th Annual Fall Fundraiser is made pursuant to Bylaw M – GPO Code of Conduct.
The equity officer for this meeting will be Norbert D'Costa.
- An email address will be provided, at email@example.com for individuals to make complaints.
- The Equity Officer (EO) will investigate all complaints received. An EO may, at their discretion, refuse to pursue a more detailed investigation of a matter if, in the equity officer's opinion:
- the subject matter of the complaint is trivial and/or not envisioned in Section 2.0 of Bylaw M;
- the complaint is frivolous or vexatious or is not made in good faith;
- under existing administrative practice there is an adequate remedy for the complainant.
- If the EO has decided to investigate an issue:
- the subject(s) of the complaint will be notified as soon as possible.
- the subject(s) of the complaint, at the equity officer's discretion, will be afforded to make a written or oral statement responding to the allegation against them.
- The EO will determine whether Bylaw M, Section 2.0 has been violated.
- In the event of a violation, the equity officers will devise an appropriate resolution with GPO staff. This may include, but is not limited to:
- a warning;
- a mediated discussion between involved parties;
- expulsion from the meeting social events;
- removal from the meeting.
- In any case where the EO decides not to investigate or further investigate a complaint, they shall inform the complainant of that decision.
- Upon the completion of an investigation, an EO shall inform the complainant and the accused person or persons of their full decision.
- Every investigation by the EO under this policy shall be conducted in private.
- The EO will be in attendance at official affiliated social events until a time that is reasonable.
The EO will provide a report to the GPO Ombuds Committee immediately following the conclusion of the meeting.